First: Important legal points that must be taken into account:
There is a set of important legal points that a person wishing to buy a property in Turkey must know and observe, and the following is a list of the most important points that concern investors in the Turkish real estate market:
- The buyer or investor must be a citizen of one of the countries entitled to own property in Turkey.
- Foreigners can buy and invest in various types of real estate (house, commercial store, land, field), subject to the legal conditions for each type.
- A foreigner can own and invest in real estate in Turkey, with a maximum total of 30 hectares.
- Foreigners can buy real estate within a specific region or town, with a maximum of 10% of the total land in that area or town.
- A foreigner can buy empty lands and fields, but they have to submit the construction project that will be held on the land to the competent ministry in Turkey within two years from the date of purchasing the property.
- Foreigners are not allowed to own property in the military and security areas.
- Transfer of real estate ownership is only through official procedures in Turkish real estate registration directorates.
- As for the agencies issued abroad, it is only done through Turkish embassies and consulates.
- The buyer or foreign investor must review the Real Estate Registry Directorate, to ensure that there are no restrictions on the property.
- If the request submitted by the foreigner to buy a property in Turkey is rejected, this refusal can be appealed through the regional office of the Land Registry Directorate.
- If there is a disagreement between the two sides (seller and buyer) regarding selling the property, he must appear before the Turkish courts.
- Second: Important terms:
- Tax number vergı numarsı:
- The tax number or what is called in Turkish vergı numarsı is a number for you that is required of you in legal and official transactions or to open a bank account in Turkey.
How is the tax number obtained in Turkey?
A copy of the passport (valid)
Your residence address in Turkey
Go to the tax directorate and request this number from the competent employee
Turkish National Number TC Numarasi:
Any citizen in Turkey who has his own number that is used and requested in legal and administrative and financial transactions, as well as foreigners who have residency in Turkey have this number.
It is the title deed, and the official legal proof of ownership of the property (in Turkish language only). It is requested from the Land Registry Office and is obtained by the buyer and seller,
More about this source textSource text required for additional translation information